Designstyleguide interview revisited
Here is the February interview with Designstyleguide in case you missed it!
1. What is your shop name and what do you sell?
My shop name is Janson Pottery. I sell handmade porcelain and stoneware pottery and tiles. [My work] can also be found at www.jansonpottery.com and www.craft.on.ca/portfolio/JanetHolson-Mazzer.
2. What long series of events led to you doing this?
I went back to school as a mature student part-time and then decided to take a full time Ceramic Art and Design program because it had always been a dream of mine to work in clay. I had taken ceramics programs in high school and knew that one day, I would return to the medium that I was so passionate about. Most of the time, this passion leaves me feeling in awe of life.
3. Who taught you the particular skills you use in your work?
I went to George Brown College in Toronto, Ontario and since graduating from the Ceramics Art and Design program, I have done many workshops, gone to lectures, and courses as well.
4. When did you start selling on Etsy?
November 13, 2008
5. What is your favorite thing about Etsy?
My favourite thing about Etsy is the diversity of mediums and styles of work. I also love the forums, what I have learned about business promotion and how to take better photos.
6. What is your favorite thing about what you sell?
I love to look at my work and know that others will love it the way that I do. I also really appreciate feedback.
7. What is your favorite item in your own shop and why?
It’s hard for me to choose because I love everything. If I had to narrow it down, it would be the tiles. A number of them are pressed with wildflowers and it reminds me of spring and [not being] snowed in all of the time.
8. What teams do you belong to and what do you like most about them?
I belong to Design Style Guide and the Etsy Mud Team. I like that they have both been great places for learning, sharing and feedback.
9. What is the most fun thing you do to promote your shop?
Getting out to shows and meeting people as well as educating them about what I do.
10. What are some of your favorite finds by other sellers on Etsy?
I love Rob Eastman’s photos, as well as My Two Seasons because I like scrapbooking when I have time. I also really like Clay By Day.
11. What do you do in your spare time?
I love spending time with my family, travelling, having quiet time for reflection, photography, reading and taking care of our pets.
12. Do you have anything else you would like to share?
Thank you so much for interviewing me and visiting my shop. I really appreciate it.
You are most welcome!